Sunday, April 12, 2009

Moon and NYC



Today was another busy day in the life of ME. However, I managed to slow down just enough to drop in at the Museum of Natural History to take my son and his 2 young buds to walk through a few exhibits in the biodiversity pavilion. We then headed to my favorite space in the place, the gem and mineral area, where they were able to roam and play secret agent. I gave them tasks such as find a rock that has crystals inside that are purple and thin and jut out from the rock like spears and tell me what the name on its plaque; or find a Tourmaline mineral and come back to me and describe what it looks like. Thus I spent 2 fun hours in my favorite place with 2 six year olds and a 9 yr old. It was a great way to spend an afternoon that was a true adventure for them.

Afterwards, we relaxed at Starbucks; me with my latte, the kids feeling very grown up with their kid's hot chocolate, while I people-watched and eaves-dropped on the conversation of 3 precocious boys recounting their adventures and the best part of their day. It was truly great fun!

No comments: