Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Baked Apple Boils Over



The Temp Outside is 99F and the Heat Index is 105F.

It's so hot in the bowels of the city that a subway train rail buckled completely interrupting service on the A line Between Beach Channel and Far Rockaway. Also, the oldest train line in the city, #1, 2 & 3 lines were completely knocked out of service due to a power failure during this morning's rush hour stranding passengers. I was lucky, the power went just as I stepped out of my train to connect to another line. I wound up walking over 1 mile to work in 90F weather. Still, I'm not complaining because it could have been worse. I could have been one of those trapped inside a subway car between stations.

I think I'm going to call for car service to take me home, I'll pick up my son and then my son & I will go out for a nice cool sushi dinner. There's just no way I'm going to get into a subway tunnel or get into a kitchen and cook. It's really for Cold Fruit Soup time.

No comments: