Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Tree - Part 3



Over the next few days you'll get to read my chronicled adventures of me and my really big Christmas tree

Part 1 was searching out for the perfect tree, that would just call out to me and I'd fall in love with it. Of course, that was until after I paid for it and then I'd have to lug the 7 1/2 foot sucker home and up the front building steps. Have I ever mentioned that I'm short? No? Well I am. Just above the classification of midget status.

That was my first glimpse or awareness of my height envy. Since I'm 5'0 I now see that I over-compensate in many other ways. I have a big wide screen TV, a queen size bed, long couch, and for many christmases now, I've brought home big to huge christmas trees. Yep, I like big things!

Well, Part 2 of this saga was getting the darned thing set up on the tree stand. This thing is over 60 lbs! It was the 2nd time in 2 days that I asked myself if I ought to have my head examined.

Part 3 was setting up the lovely lights you see here. A lot of work but as you can see, it was worth it. I'm exhausted so now I'm going off to bed.

No comments: