Sunday, November 15, 2009



Its been a couple of rainy days in NYC as Ida languishes on our coast.  I love this kind of weather and was happy to be able to go to the local Science Museum and put together some interesting molecular structures representing the following: animal urea, testosterone and trimethylene.  My son and his playmates found it both funny and interesting when I explained in laymen's terms what animal urea was. 

Afterwards we went for a snack and I had some Sprite to drink.  Unbeknowst to me, my son had swished the bottle a bit before I drank it.  He wanted to test a theory that a classmate had shared with him:  if you shake the soda slightly and you drink it afterwards you'll burp more.  Well, he's happy to report that his mother burped the longest and loudest she's ever burped in her life. 

The scene was so funny everyone at our table and the next laughed.  I of course was red-faced and embarrassed, and apologies only made everyone laugh harder so I just stopped.  All I keep thinking is wait till you're older and have your own children... I will help them pull up the best pranks without them getting caught like you!

Payback's a bitch!  I said inwardly, as I shook my head and narrowed my eyes to show my displeasure at being an unwilling experimental victim. Yep, payback's a bitch.

No comments: