Sunday, March 30, 2008

High Flying in Albany



As you can see, not a human in sight. That's part of the reason I love it here. My son loves it because he can skip, run & jump to his heart's content without bumping into anyone. One of the interns lent him a scooter earlier in the day so he's been zipping about doing errands like delivering messages between cubicles on it.

Yesterday during the afternoon work session one of the interns showed my son how to make a kite (see the entry below). They used things that were lying around in the offices outside the conference room we were in. It's a sorta Charlie Brown looking thing, but to my son and I its the most beautiful kite ever. This morning we took that cute little kite for its maiden flight and I was really surprised that it could fly. It was in the low 20's around 8am and we were out there in the cold for about 45min. till the wind died down. Still, it didn't curb our enthusiasm. Tomorrow its supposed to snow and he still wants to go out there and fly the kite. A possible drawback, Monday everyone returns to Albany, so it will be populated and busy. Stay tuned for more adventures.

No comments: