Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Powerful goal-setting!

On the Sunday after Thanksgiving I get together every year with a few people, to begin planning the year ahead for shared adult playdates. During that process we each share what or how we would like to have fun while spending time together.  My favorite playdates are the ones that are about exploring parts of me, and or using my imagination and creativity.  My favorite outing last year was visitng the Sony Wonder Science & Technology Lab.  It was so much fun I've been back twice since then with my own son.

But before I work on my playdates, I begin planning All my personal, professional and family goals and planning by envisioning what kind of year I wish to have.  This year I stretch my vision beyond 2010.  Everything I plan, set up as a goal or do must support my overall vision or I don't do it or plan it because it's going to take me off course.  I have so little time that I have to make sure that all areas of my life are supported, which means that I have very little time for spontaneously or spur of the moment events or outings.

Anywho, back to my vision...
During the quiet late nights after thanksgiving, as I was trimming my holiday tree, I began thinking about what kind of woman I wanted to evolve into; what kind of experiences I wanted to have; what kind of things I wanted to do and the kinds of things I wanted to experience in my life!  The following is what evolved:

My Vision of myself is of a healthy, fit me that sees herself not only as well proportioned, but finds herself to be an incredibly beautiful woman with sexy curves, whose self-confidence is evident from the self-love that radiates brilliantly through her from her divine source within.

OUW! All the goals I contemplated thereafter, and that actually went into my goal list had to do with me becoming the best possible: woman, mother, friend, sister, mentor, employee, community person, supervisor, etc. that ever walked the planet.   Here's a few goals I set for myself, in the present/actualized voice. I put them on pretty paper on my fridge and on my computer screens at work, home and blackberry, so that I stay focused. Following each of my goal statements, I have written the powerful reasons why I wish to accomplish them.

Last year I accomplished 80% of my goals. Midway through the year I realized I had too many and that some had to be put off till this year. Still, not bad for a busy, single parent and community member that always has time for friends and loved ones.  Okay, so here's what I've written so far:

Main focus and over-arching theme: Experiencing A Year of Love & JOY!

Telling myself everyday "I LOVE YOU!" – everything begins and ends with me, and I love it when the Universe loves me!  & I love it back by loving me first.

Telling my beloved son ”I Love YOU!” everyday – so he can experience the love of the divine through me!  This may seem silly but when I really took inventory over a 2 week period I realized that even though I showed I loved him, I only told him that I loved him 70% of the time.  Not good enough in my book.  Children need to not only hear the sound of those words, they need to feel the emotion behind them so when they grow up, they instinctively know when someone is playing them and when someone truly loves them.

Ensuring I get 8 hours of restful beauty sleep - so I can smile and look fabulous even when I don't have clothes on!

Exercising 4x/week a minimum of 30 min each time doing all the exercises I love - so I can show my body how much its truly loved!!! & I can keep my body primed for all the adventures the Universe has for me – woohoo!

Giving my body nutritiously delicious foods that will energize, heal and make me feel vibrant! - because you are and definitely feel what you eat!

Engaging in spontaneous acts of love towards all my loved ones – so they can feel how greatly loved they are by me and the universe. Because an angel did this for me and it changed my life! & I am a radiating center of Divine love.

Finding the fun, sweet, kind, laughable and compassionate side of all situations - because that's a more joyful way to approach life!

Sharing my inner joy through kind acts and the sharing of fun and laughter – because when I make others smile or laugh it comes back to me exponentially, and I SO LOVE to laugh!

No comments: